March 11, 2021
Genome BC, the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR), the BCCDC Foundation for Public Health and the BC Centre for Substance Use, invite Expressions of Interest to rapidly address COVID-19 vaccine questions for British Columbians
To date, four COVID-19 vaccines have been approved for use in Canada and priority populations are already receiving their vaccinations. However, critical questions remain around the vaccines’ performance, access, and public perception that need evidence-based answers from BC researchers.
As research funders, Genome BC, MSFHR, and the BCCDC Foundation have joined forces to support BC-based research that addresses, and implements solutions for, knowledge gaps around COVID-19 vaccination.
BC researchers who are able to rapidly address knowledge gaps and urgently implement evidence are invited to submit Expressions of Interest (EOI) that answer seven priority questions aligned with the work of the BC COVID-19 Strategic Advisory Committee (SRAC):
- What is the long-term effectiveness of vaccination in preventing illness and infection?
- What is the effectiveness of vaccination in reducing transmission?
- What can we learn about the immune response to vaccination using real world data?
- How do we monitor and evaluate safety following immunization?
- What concerns do people or communities in British Columbia have about vaccines and how can we counter misinformation?
- How equitable is vaccine distribution in BC (urban, rural and remote areas) and how can we overcome barriers to equitable distribution?
- How could new considerations (e.g. variants, supply) affect implementation strategies?
Expressions of Interest must be submitted by March 25, 2021 at 5pm PT and will be reviewed by an internal committee and select applicants will be invited to submit full proposals for an April 15 deadline.
We recognize that there can be challenges to meeting an accelerated timeline and deadline extensions may be considered for those with caregiving responsibilities, experiencing or recovering from illness, or other extenuating circumstances. For questions, please contact email@example.com.