Become part of a team of academics and professionals committed to making a positive impact in British Columbia, Canada and the world
Working at Genome BC provides you the opportunity to interact with empowered, intelligent people focused on emerging science and disruptive technologies that are groundbreaking, exciting, and helping to provide solutions to some of humankind’s greatest challenges.
Our work improves peoples’ lives through innovation, strategic collaborations, excellent projects, technology platforms, and proactive leadership in exploring the societal impacts of genomics.
We want you to provide an important contribution by thinking strategically, driving projects, and inspiring colleagues from all over the world, while helping us to catalyze innovative solutions through genome sciences.
People are the DNA of our success
The Genome BC team is comprised of an interdisciplinary group of people who originate from different countries, backgrounds, and cultures. Members of our team are:
- Respected and valued,
- Given opportunities to develop knowledge and skills,
- Empowered to succeed,
- Recognized for a job well done.
Genome BC’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We are dedicated to promoting equal opportunities across everything we do, in terms of employment and training, providing services and our engagement in decision making. More specifically, at Genome BC:
- We foster the recognition and appreciation of diversity within the Genome BC community;
- We promote the full and equitable participation of individuals from diverse backgrounds in the continual evolution and shaping of Genome BC, and assist them in the elimination of barriers to such participation;
- We ensure that individuals are not discriminated against on the basis of culture, race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, or age; and
- We encourage creativity and innovation, to ensure each member of the Genome BC community can give their best, and help us move forward with our equity, diversity and inclusion goals.
Challenge yourself at Genome BC
We offer the opportunity to be part of something revolutionary. Genome BC is an organization dedicated to sharing the transformational power of genomics and omics technologies with all sectors in BC. Become part of a highly energized team that strives to advance the uptake of genomic solutions that improve the world we live in.
You’ll be inspired by the people you interact with and there will be plenty of opportunities to grow and develop with this engaging organization.
Career opportunities will keep you inspired and engaged and you will be provided with opportunities to grow and develop through this engaging organization.
If you like a fast-paced environment, being part of a hardworking team, and you are dedicated to continuous improvement, we think you will like working at Genome BC.
Please review the listings below to view all available opportunities.
Sector Manager, Agrifood and Natural Resources
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Sector Director, Agrifood and Natural Resources
Term: Full time, limited term (up to 18 months) maternity and parental leave opportunity
How to apply: Applicants must include a current CV and cover letter indicating anticipated start date and the names and contact information for at least three references. Please send the application in MS Word or PDF via email to email@example.com
Application deadline: 5:00 pm March 27, 2019