Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens
** Our program is currently full. You can be added to the wait list by clicking "APPLY HERE' below and filling out Step 1 of the application.**
August 21-25, 2017!
We are using a new application platform this year. If you experience any glitches, please email Ashley at email@example.com or call 604-675-1030. Your patience is appreciated!
Genomics is one of the most rapidly advancing areas of science. Genomics research is allowing us to understand how living organisms work at a level unimaginable even a decade ago. The applications of research are providing solutions to a vast number of global challenges that will benefit society in years to come.
Genome BC Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens: This week long high school summer program offers a unique opportunity for BC teens to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Through hands-on experiments and exciting guest speakers, this summer, you or your teen can explore aspects of biotechnology, genomics, inheritance, virology, forensics and microbiology to solve a murder mystery!
*Open to teens who will be in Grade 9 or higher next school year*
*Fee is $275*
Benefits of attending Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens:
- This high school science program provides teens with a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
- Tour of Capilano University in North Vancouver
- Guest speakers talk about their jobs and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- Participants navigate the twists and turns of a murder mystery
- Learn about opportunities available for teens interested in pursuing science
- Have an amazing experience at this summer science program for teens by making new friends and lasting memories!
Sample Schedule from 2016:
Our North Vancouver summer program takes place at Capilano University, North Vancouver Campus