Advance genomic literacy for you and your students at the first Genome BC Geneskool educator retreat.
Devote 12 hours over 4 days to learn more about the rapidly advancing field of genomics, as well as how it intersects with society.
Major themes of the retreat will include:
- Inheritance and Identity
- Molecular Biology and Gene Editing
- Beyond Biology; Genes and Society
With the help of Geneskool facilitators and BC researchers, educators will:
- Reflect on personal perceptions of genetics and genomics
- Engage in meaningful discussion and dialogue over how best to advance genomic literacy with grade 9-12 students
- Use Geneskool content as a scaffold to approach Big Ideas in the curriculum and to help students find relevance between their own lives and genomic sciences
- Gain material and practical resources for use in unit and lesson plans for online and in person instruction
This retreat will take place online and include self-guided learning, audiovisual presentations and discussion-based workshops.
Click here for a working schedule (subject to change)!
Sign up to learn from exciting experts in Genomics and Society, Indigenous perspectives, gene editing, forensics and more!