This year’s Summer Science Program runs August 20-24, 2018
Program full. Waitlist only.
The Geneskool Summer Science Program offers teens a unique week long opportunity to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Through hands-on experiments and exciting guest speakers, this summer, you or your teen can explore aspects of biotechnology, genomics, inheritance, virology, forensics and microbiology to solve a murder mystery! This year’s program will take place August 20-24, 2018 at Capilano University.
- Open to students who are entering grade 9 or higher in the fall
- The week-long program packs each day with interesting science and fun, hands-on activities
- Participants navigate the twists and turns of a murder mystery!
- Guest speakers talk about their profession and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- The program is hosted at a university lab, giving participants a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
- Cost to attend is $275. Note: Geneskool believes that our programs should be accessible to everyone, and we may be able to offer bursaries to students who otherwise could not afford to attend our Summer Science Program. To be considered for a bursary, please complete the application form and let us know that you are interested in applying for a bursary
Other benefits to attending the Geneskool Summer Science Program include:
- Tour of the hosting university campus
- Make new friends that have similar interests and aspirations
- Have Fun!!!
Tentative schedule (note: may be subject to change):
What have past students had to say about the Summer Science Program?
“[The Geneskool Summer Science Program] brought me to realize how amazing the experiments in genetics were, and that there were so many unknown things waiting to be explored. This really motivated me to go further into this fascinating field.”
“This program has not only enhanced my knowledge in the world of biology but it has also deepened my interest of sciences. In the coming fall, I will be attending university for sciences and I can genuinely say Geneskool has inspired me to pursue a career in this field. In my personal opinion, I think doing university-style labs during this program has provided me with beneficial exposure to the type of education I will be receiving in my post-secondary studies.”
“[The Geneskool Summer Science Program] helped me understand the extent of application of genomics and how that relates to my preferred areas of study, which is biochemistry.”