The Geneskool Summer Science Program offers teens a unique week long opportunity to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Through hands-on experiments and exciting guest speakers, this summer, you or your teen can explore aspects of biotechnology, genomics, inheritance, virology, forensics and microbiology to solve a murder mystery!
- Open to students who are entering grade 9 or higher in the fall
- The week-long program packs each day with interesting science and fun, hands-on activities
- Participants navigate the twists and turns of a murder mystery!
- Guest speakers talk about their profession and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- The program is hosted at a university lab, giving participants a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
- Cost to attend is $275. Note: Geneskool believes that our programs should be accessible to everyone, and we may be able to offer bursaries to students who otherwise could not afford to attend our Summer Science Program. To be considered for a bursary, please complete the application form and let us know that you are interested in applying for a bursary
Other benefits to attending the Geneskool Summer Science Program include:
- Tour of the hosting university campus
- Make new friends that have similar interests and aspirations
- Have Fun!!!