Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens
We just wrapped up for this year! Please check back in May 2018 for more information about our next summer of science.
Genomics is one of the most rapidly advancing areas of science. Genomics research is allowing us to understand how living organisms work at a level unimaginable even a decade ago. The applications of research are providing solutions to a vast number of global challenges that will benefit society in years to come.
Genome BC Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens: This week long high school summer program offers a unique opportunity for BC teens to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Through hands-on experiments and exciting guest speakers, this summer, you or your teen can explore aspects of biotechnology, genomics, inheritance, virology, forensics and microbiology to solve a murder mystery!
*Open to teens who will be in Grade 9 or higher next school year*
*Fee is $275*
Benefits of attending Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens:
- This high school science program provides teens with a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
- Tour of Capilano University in North Vancouver
- Guest speakers talk about their jobs and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- Participants navigate the twists and turns of a murder mystery
- Learn about opportunities available for teens interested in pursuing science
- Have an amazing experience at this summer science program for teens by making new friends and lasting memories!
Sample Schedule from 2016:
Our North Vancouver summer program takes place at Capilano University, North Vancouver Campus