The 19th Annual Lifesciences BC Awards dinner was held on April 19. This was an especially memorable night honoring our former President and CEO, Dr. Alan Winter, with the Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement.
Alan was integral to the success and stamina of Genome British Columbia. Alan Winter delivered a great (and always humble) speech after receiving a natural standing ovation from the crowd. We are very proud of Alan and his legacy at Genome BC!
A sweet reward for Dr. Leonard Foster
There are many great researchers in British Columbia, so choosing just one recipient of the Genome British Columbia Award for Scientific Excellence is no easy task.
This year Dr. Leonard Foster from the University of British Columbia was recognized for his amazing genomic and proteomic work helping to strengthen the beekeeping industry in Canada. Our relationship with Dr. Foster spans a decade and we are proud to have helped him pursue his research!
Genome BC congratulates all the winners of the 19th Annual Lifesciences BC Awards that took place on April 19th in Vancouver:
- Genome British Columbia Award for Scientific Excellence— Leonard Foster
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research–Aubrey J. Tingle Prize— James Russell
- Deal of the Year —Celator Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Growth Stage Life Sciences Company of the Year—Innovative Targeting Solutions Inc.
- Growth Stage Medtech Company of the Year—Clarius Mobile Health Corp.
- Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year—Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership— William Hunter
- Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement—Dr. Alan Winter
- Life Sciences Company of the Year—McKesson Imaging and Workflow Solutions