This is a temporary position that could lead to a permanent opportunity. The Corporate Analyst reports to the Executive Director, Corporate Development providing support to corporate development activities and special projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support the planning and implementation of the corporate performance management strategy at Genome BC
- Support the selection and implementation of a corporate value framework for impact assessment
- Prepare analyses and reports on corporate performance for internal and external audiences
- Ensure metrics and data associated with corporate performance are of high integrity and are readily available
- Conduct custom research and analysis to respond to specific internal and external data requests, including literature reviews, surveys, interviews, trend analyses and online documentary research
- Prepare presentations using a variety of data visualization methods and tools
- Support the design of data capture mechanisms and instruments and enter data as needed
- Ensure corporate data and metrics that have been identified across the organization are collected, curated and stored appropriately
- Augment routine collection of data through ‘special projects’, e.g., liaise with scientists to understand outcomes and impacts of the research after project completion
- Conduct periodic needs assessments in terms of improving data collection, analysis and corporate performance reporting
Other Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support across the organization for corporate data and information, as required.
- Support the Executive Director, Corporate Development with other strategic projects as required.
Education and Experience
- Degree in life sciences, commerce or similar
- Experience with critical evaluation of data and reports, including experimental design, interpretation of data and statistical analysis
- Excellent proactive communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills and diligent work habits
- Demonstrated experience with milestone-driven projects and an ability to identify and assess objective, quantifiable measures of success
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with frequent deadlines
- Business experience in an industry setting, particularly with respect to analyzing and interpretation data and results would be an asset
- Broad knowledge of molecular biology and genetics would be an asset
- Demonstrated training/and or experience in generating MySQL database queries, and working with data visualization tools an asset
How to apply:
Applicants should include a current CV with a cover letter indicating anticipated start date and the names and contact information of at least two references. Please send the application in MS Word or PDF via email to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 4:30 PM June 26th, 2017
We thank you for your interest in Genome BC. Only those candidates short listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.