Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens
August 21-25, 2017!
The Application will be available online in April. For questions, contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-675-1030
Genomics is one of the most rapidly advancing areas of science. Genomics research is allowing us to understand how living organisms work at a level unimaginable even a decade ago. The applications of research are providing solutions to a vast number of global challenges that will benefit society in years to come.
Genome BC Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens offers a unique opportunity for high school students to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Through hands-on experiments and exciting guest speakers, students will explore aspects of biotechnology, genomics, inheritance, virology, forensics and microbiology to solve a murder mystery!
The Low Down:
- Open to students who have completed Science 9 or higher
- The program is a week long
- Participants navigate the twists and turns of a murder mystery!
- Guest speakers talk about their jobs and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- Hosted at university labs giving campers a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
Other benefits to attending a Geneskool Summer Science Program for Teens include:
- Tour of the hosting university campus
- Make new friends that have similar interests and aspirations
- Have Fun!!!
Sample Schedule from 2016:
Capilano University, North Vancouver Campus