Geneskool Summer Camp
Please check this site in April and May for information about Geneskool Summer Camp 2017!
Genomics is one of the most rapidly advancing areas of science. Genomics research is allowing us to understand how living organisms work at a level unimaginable even a decade ago. The applications of research are providing solutions to a vast number of global challenges that will benefit society in years to come.
Genome BC Geneskool Summer Camp offers a unique opportunity for high school students to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Through hands-on experiments and exciting guest speakers, students will explore aspects of biotechnology, genomics, inheritance, virology, forensics and microbiology to solve a murder mystery!
The Low Down:
- Open to students who have completed Science 9 or higher
- The camp is a week-long day camp
- Participants navigate the twists and turns of a murder mystery!
- Guest speakers talk about their jobs and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- Camps are hosted at university labs giving campers a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
Other benefits to attending a Geneskool Summer Camp include:
- Tour of the hosting university campus
- Make new friends that have similar interests and aspirations
- Have Fun!!!
Sample Schedule from 2016:
Capilano University, North Vancouver Campus