Geneskool Summer Camp
*Spots still available for both camps*
Join us at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops from July 18 to 22 or at Capilano University in North Vancouver from August 15 to 19, 2016!
Please check this site often for camp updates as additional details will be added as information becomes available!
Genomics is one of the most rapidly advancing areas of science. Genomics research is allowing us to understand how living organisms work at a level unimaginable even a decade ago. The applications of research are providing solutions to a vast number of global challenges that will benefit society in years to come.
Genome BC Geneskool Summer Camp offers a unique opportunity for high school students to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Through hands-on experiments and exciting guest speakers, students will explore aspects of biotechnology, genomics, inheritance, virology, forensics and microbiology to solve a murder mystery!
The Low Down:
- Open to students who have completed Science 9 or higher
- The camp is a week-long day camp
- Participants navigate the twists and turns of a murder mystery!
- Guest speakers talk about their jobs and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- Camps are hosted at university labs giving campers a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
Other benefits to attending a Geneskool Summer Camp include:
- Tour of the hosting university campus
- Make new friends that have similar interests and aspirations
- Have Fun!!!