Summer Camp 2014
Team Up with Genome BC to save the world - through SCIENCE!
Geneskool Summer Camps offer a unique opportunity for high school students to learn the molecular biology techniques that scientists use every day. Students will explore aspects of biotechnology, pathology, forensics, genetics, genomics and microbiology and use their new knowledge to stop an evil bio-terrorist from wreaking havoc on the world!
The Low Down:
- Open to students who have completed Science 9 or higher
- Each camp is a week-long day camp
- Campers explore the exciting world of genetics, genomics, molecular biology, biotechnology, pathology and forensics while investigating an ancient burial site mystery!
- Guest speakers talk about their jobs and the fascinating career opportunities out there involving science
- Camps are hosted at university labs giving campers a rare opportunity to conduct real experiments using state-of-the-art equipment
- Tour of the hosting university campus
- Make new friends that have similar interests and aspirations
- Do cool stuff like grow bacteria, amplify DNA, identify biological substances and solve a mystery
- Have Fun!!!
Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo Campus - July 7th to 11th, 2014
Capilano University, North Vancouver Campus - August 18th to 22nd, 2014
- $275.00 program fee
- Payable by cheque only. Cheque payable to Genome BC. Mail to: Genome BC Geneskool Summer Camp, 400 - 575 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 0C4
Those who would like to attend Genome BC Geneskool Summer Camps must complete a short application form found here:
If you have questions about the camps, please contact the Summer Camp Director, Carolina Novoa, either by phone 604.675.1029 or by email at email@example.com.